Experienced software architect with a proven track record of delivering enterprise-scale web applications. Specializing in backend and API development, service-oriented architecture, and high scalability/high availability solutions. Strong communication skills, including a talent for distilling the technical complexity and cost of business requirements to effectively groom product backlogs for the highest business value.
Tech strategy, Software and systems architecture, User experience
Technical Project Management
Engineering management, Requirements gathering, Timeline estimation, Project scoping, Roadmap planning, Risk management
Git, TDD, BDD
Rails, Symfony, JQuery
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
Linux/CLI, Apache, NGINX, Tomcat, Jetty
Continuous integration, Chef, Vagrant, Jenkins, Docker
EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, OpsWorks
High scalability, high availability, Load testing, Capacity planning
January 2013 – Current
Senior Software Engineer
- Pioneered agile practices at Huge.
- Team lead for multiple teams, including distributed teams.
- Worked closely with stakeholders to design technical architecture that supported both immediate and long-term product goals.
- Created custom service-oriented architecture with Symfony, combining the content of over 270 existing sites into one centralized web presence.
- Created a Solr/Lucene powered faceted search experience for a major NYC health care provider and other clients.
- Managed iOS development team.
- Staffed lean projects for maximum efficiency of resources and budget.
- Accurate budget and timeline estimations.
- Built a RESTful API with Node JS, built to support iOS and additional frontends.
September 2012 – January 2013
- Architected and implemented a complete re-build of StyleCaster.com, migrating the site from Symfony2 to Ruby on Rails, hosted on Heroku.
August 2010 – August 2012
- Technical lead for multiple clients, including RollingStone and Live Nation.
- Managed a team of 10 backend and frontend developers.
- Built multiple custom content management systems.
One Foot Productions, LLC
April 2007 – March 2008
- Developed a proprietary web based, data driven, and object oriented application used to manage live television show logistics. 90% of codebase is still in use.
Given milk, a lemon, and a tea towel, I can make three types of cheese in one day!